3. Start-Up Services & Advising
Even the most battle-hardened serial entrepreneur faces a gauntlet of complex issues early in the life of a new venture, the answers to which will affect the entire future course of the endeavor.
- Funding the new venture: the right combination of sweat equity, friends-and-family, angel or VC investors, loans, research grants, SBIRs?
- Which IP to in-license, under what terms?
- How to assemble a lean, highly effective management team?
- Building a right-sized, efficient and flexible R&D and production infrastructure?
- Establishing productive relationships with influential thought-leaders and filtering their often conflicting advice?
- Erecting unassailable barriers to entry via a strategic yet cost-effective IP strategy?
- Forging strategic relationships with the right early-adopters...and then delighting them?
- Signing up distributors who will actually deliver?
From long experience assisting dozens of biotech tools start-ups, Busa Consulting understands the trade-offs, the gotchas, the unintended consequences, the realities and the promise underlying each of the choices you face, and can help you find the best way forward the first time around.
Next: Interim Management Services